For nature lovers out there a trip around Scotland may already be on your bucket list. Picture perfect lochs, dramatic highland landscapes and ancient castles fill this stunning country. Whichever way you turn you are never far from a place of natural beauty. But did you know Scotland also offers some of the most incredible wildlife viewing, not just in Britain, but anywhere in the world?
Want to know more?
This summer we are travelling Scotland with the hopes of enjoying more experiences from our wildlife and travel Bucket List… and we want to take you all along for the ride.
We’ll be sharing the best images, videos and stories from this trip with you.
We’ll tell you about the top experiences on offer, the best places to spot the unique wildlife, best spots for to get close to nature, where to stay, where to eat and how to get there. Everything you need to know to plan the perfect wildlife and nature itinerary in the Scottish Isles.
So where exactly are we going to take you?
- The Trossachs National Park – The Scottish lake district and home to the iconic Loch Lomond. Not only a place of scenic beauty but also a great place to spot wildlife.
- Oban – The ‘Gateway to the Hebrides’ and our access point to our big ticket trip swimming with the Basking Sharks.
- Ben Nevis – This highest mountain in the UK and a great challenge for all aspiring mountaineers.
- Loch Ness – Our search for wildlife takes us to the most famous loch in the world, in the hopes of spotting our most elusive animal… Nessie.
- The Highlands – The crown in the jewel of Scotland’s natural places, the Cairngorms National Park is the definition of the highlands and home to some very special animals.
Keep an eye on our Instagram page for live updates and make sure you ask all the questions you have about this awesome country.
Keep an eye on your inbox for our first article coming soon.
As always please share any articles you find useful with your own social media followings. The links are on each page.