Often overlooked in favour of the East Coast, Western Australia is a stunning travel destination. With Ningaloo Reef in the north where you can swim with whale sharks, manta rays and humpback whales. And Margaret River to the south where you can enjoy world famous wineries, learn to surf and even get in the ocean with friendly dolphins; Bucket List opportunities are everywhere.
But before you leave Perth and head out on your West Australian adventure you need to know about all the fantastic experiences that you can have in and around the state’s capital city. For us the city centre itself is nothing special, it is down by the coast and up in the hills where things get interesting.
Have a look at our top things to do in Perth below.
- Perth is home to world famous beaches, and there are few better than Cottelsoe or City Beach for a relaxing afternoon swim to escape the Perth heat.
- Take your fins up to Mettam’s pool for some excellent snorkelling around the mini limestone reef.
- Relax with a wine and do a tasting tour in the beautiful Swan Valley wine region.
- Take a stroll around the historic port town of Fremantle and visit the Fremantle jail, built by the first convicts to settle in Western Australia.
- Go and spot wild kangaroos in Pinnaroo memorial park.
- Hike the Bibbulmun track for a chance to spot echidnas, kangaroos and kookaburras in the hills near Kalamunda.
- Head up to Kings Park for beautiful walking trails and amazing views of the city skyline.
- Take a boat over to Rottnest Island, meet a quokka and see the stunning white sand beaches.
- Make the trip to Penguin Island for amazing wildlife spotting and even more beautiful beaches.
- Head north and see the incredible Pinnacles in WA’s Nambung National Park .
Enjoy the gallery and let us know if you have any questions. We are always happy to help.
*Thanks for reading our post. We have so many more adventures, stories, tips and advice to share so why not follow the blog below to get a quick email each time we publish a new post.
Like the photos? You can find out more about our gear on the links below.